Monday, April 23, 2007

Windows are open for business.......

I wonder when was the last time these windows were open???


Or these windows????



I can't imagine why anyone would paint windows shut. Sure it might keep air from infiltrating in during the winter. BUT....it also keeps air from coming in during the summer. If Sunday was any indication, I think we will only need to use the A/C when it is humid out.

Sunday was a perfect day. Even though it reached 80 degrees it wasn't at all hot. A nice breeze made working out in the yard very comfortable. I trimmed all the rosebushes, except for the climbing ones. All bushes appeared to have new growth. I really can't wait to see the roses on the bushes I bought last year at Frost Gardens. They are a shrub rose called Midnight Blue. The color is between black and royal purple. Hopefully they will grow together and form a low hedge on the inside curve of my circular driveway. I am hoping they smell half as good as they look since it will be close to the front door.

All my Knockout roses did great last year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all the climbing roses I planted last year along the fence, really take off. I usually don't plant hot or warm color flowers but I couldn't resist the climbing rose called Joseph's Coat.

I plan on planting a climbing rose on each side of the dining room bay window. With some luck, I should be able to get them to grow right over the top of the window. I'm considering planting a white climber called Iceberg. That should show up nicely against the dark grey.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Its really cool to see those windows open. It actually looks like someone lives there now. But I always love having windows open as often as possible.

    We started working on our landscaping a couple of days ago - moving the ugly gray rocks back to the garage to make a gravel apron off the front. We've been looking around for the cheapest way to get big rocks for around the house... my lovely and cheap-o other half wants to steal them from other people's houses. You may want to put a guard dog by yours before they come up missing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara.....I counted ALL my rocks today. Soooooooo...if any turn up missing, I'll know where to find them. I could have used the Kindling Bros. on Sunday. Oh so many twigs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - You are an excellent cook but it is not one of your favorite things to do. Emma

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....