Saturday, March 1, 2014

Oh, I forgot I bought a new......

.......doorbell.

Over the past few years I have purchased ALOT of items for the house and stored them in one of the upstairs bedrooms.  I sometimes forget what I have until something reminds me, like the old doorbell chimes did when I was scraping paint.
The current doorbell has seen better days.  It works but doesn't sound right and the plastic cover is cracked and covered in paint.

Several years ago, I found a seller on eBay who sold NOS long tube door bell chimes.  They sound so much better than just a ding dong or the single note doorbells that sound like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The doorbell that I purchased is a 3 long tube chime by ElectraChime.  I can't remember exactly which one but I think it was similar to the slats chime.

Click here to hear what a three tube door bell chime.

In other news.......it's still very cold outside, snow is in the forecast AGAIN, and I am still scraping paint.




Post a Comment