Thursday, April 24, 2014

Finished the grey paint

I made the classic mistake of believing the weatherman.  Today was downright chilly with a capital C.

Despite the chill in the air I made an attempt to paint today.  R removed the rivet from the downspout so I was able to paint behind it and I also finished the little strip under the door .  All that is remaining is the white paint on the trim and doors.  But if I am to believe the weatherman AGAIN, we are not due for any real painting weather for over a week.  As a matter of fact, they are predicting snow.  I sure hope that is not the one time they get the forecast correct.

Today was not only chilly but windy so that made it a perfect day to rake leaves....NOT.  In an attempt to tidy up the curb appeal, we raked the leaves by the mailbox, stone pillars, and swept the entrance to the driveway.  It looks a little better but until I can rake between the lilacs, I just will not be happy with the way it looks.


2 comments:

  1. The shed is looking great. The double doors really add to it. How are you making out with the rest of the scraping?

    And what's with the snow in the forecast? When you have cold weather, that means we usully get it a day or two later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The double doors make the shed more user friendly.

    The scraping is going slow. I just need to take the time and build something more sturdy.

    On the weather front. One day they say snow and then the next day they say snow with a high of 54 and a low of 37. Does that make sense to you? It's going to snow at 37 degrees???? The weather here is just not warming up. We had one warm day and it went all the way to 80. Other than that day we usually get to the 50's and nothing more. I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....