Sunday, September 21, 2014

More storm damage

.....when will it stop?

We just noticed that the top of our sycamore tree is broken off.  I would guess at least 6 feet is broke off and hanging by a thread.  It's such a shame because it was a perfect shaped tree, too.

Unfortunately we had another storm tonight after sunset so I am bracing myself for tomorrow's discoveries.  The wind has been quite brisk the last two days and the amount of twigs falling from our trees has been endless.

The weather forecast today was for rain by 1PM so there was no need to try and paint today so we worked on trimming the fruit trees, climbing rose bushes, and cutting down the rose bushes along the sidewalk that leads to our kitchen door.  Those bushes have never been cut back and were getting to the point where they were starting to separate down the middle.  I was able to cut down half of them before the wind really picked up and the sky starting getting dark.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish the rose bush trimming get mentality prepared to paint all week because the weather is suppose to warm up and not rain.  Yippee.




3 comments:

  1. I'm ususally watching the rader when storms move through to try and second guess if we need to unplug our internet gateway and our computers. Many times, I'm usually happy to see them staying to south of us. We've missed quite a few nasties this summer because that happened, but I guess what's good for us, is bad for you. Sorry to see more damage and hoping that the rest of the year is better for you as you certainly need a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the radar as well and then try and decide for myself. I surely can't be any worse than the weathermen have been this summer.

    The last storm that hit wasn't even on the radar. It was thundering and just pouring and the radar showed nothing.

    Clio has really gotten hit a lot this year. That's where I grew up and my sister still lives there. But the weather at my house in Grand Blanc and her house in Clio can be totally different even though we are in the same county.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up here we get this large masses that move through, many times doing nothing or only raining lightly and then get these tiny little pinhead sized masses that will form nearby or right over our end of town and let loose with everything imaginable. Weird Michigan weather.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....