Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Evergreens for the window box and flower pot

The holidays are right around the corner and I am already behind.  I'm not even going to attempt an excuse...LOL

On to what we have accomplished.....even if it was a little late.

My sister always spends most of the month of November in the U.P. (upper peninsula) so when she wasn't cooking she went outside and cut two huge bags of evergreen boughs for me.  I need them for my window box, large flower pot, and to make wreaths.

I first cut the boughs into 8 or 10 inch lengths but left a few longer ones for the large flower pot.  The weather was brutal.  The wind was blowing and the wind chill must have been in the low teens.  I was about halfway through putting greens in the window box when I could no longer feel my fingers.  It was sunny but brutal......brrrrrrrrr.
Photo taken without the flash.
The grey looks too blue.


 

This photo was taken with a flash.
This is how the grey looks in person.
I added some fake white silk poinsettias which really made the white trim on the house pop.  This has helped me to decide what kind of flowers I am going to plant in the spring.  White geraniums with dark purple Wave Petunias and maybe some Dusty Miller and if there is room, a few of those chartreuse lime green sweet potato vines

Tomorrow I will make the wreaths.  I'm shooting for two large and one small wreath.

We also installed the LED solar lights above the kitchen door.  Installation was a breeze but I'll write more about that later.

Good news!!!! Today they released the December forecast and they are predicting warmer than normal.  Please please be correct.  What do you think????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....