Thursday, July 7, 2016

Vintage Woodard Patio Furniture

This next project will take some time so I will work on it a little bit every day.  The next area of  the house that needs re shingling and painted is up on the deck.  This time of year it is very hot up there until about 2PM in the afternoon when it transitions to shade.  So while I wait for shade I can also work on this new project which is......
......making all these mismatched pieces look like they are all from the same set.  Most of the furniture is Woodard from Owosso, Michigan.

I added up how much $$$$ I have invested in this mismash of patio furniture and it came to $375.00 (there is another table and chair set included in that figure).  Some of the items were curbside treasures and others were purchased off of Craigslist, eBay, or a random garage sale.

You might think that this is a lot of vintage patio furniture but it's not.  I have twice this much stored in my basement but it is in various patterns.  I should have rethought collecting vintage wrought iron furniture because it not something I can sit on a shelf and dust once a month.  It's heavy (good) and takes up a lot of room.  But I love that I can leave it outside during the winter (minus the glass tops) and I can repaint if I decide to change the color.  Most of this Woodard furniture is the oak leaf/acorn pattern.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....