Saturday, March 14, 2020

Dremel 3 in 1 Ultra-Saw Review

Sometimes a big circular saw just doesn't cut it and when that happens, this is the saw that you need.
Roger has been putting off fixing some of the poorly installed patches in our wood floors.  From what we can tell the patches were done when the radiators were removed and forced air was installed.  Some of the patches look like a chainsaw was used to cut the floor boards and then to make matters even worse, they filled the void with plywood.
So when Roger came home with this saw I knew our floor catastrophe would soon be a thing of the past.

According to Roger, he needed a small circular saw so that he could do plunge cuts.  A regular circular saw is too big and the small oscillating saw is too small and the blade gets too hot, too fast when cutting oak.  Kind of a Goldilocks predicament.  
The saw was a good price at 99 bucks and came with the four blades in the photo above.  He priced out those blades individually and the cost came to around 80 dollars.  Now subtract 80 from 99 and that makes the saw $19.00.  Not too shabby.
The saw also came with a nice canvas bag for storage.  Too bad I didn't get a clearer photo but the wind was blowing at a steady 20-25 mph and today it is very cloudy and windy.  But I think you can see that the bag is a convenient accessory. 

I prefer a canvas bag with a handle over a hard shell case because they are easier to carry. Please somebody tell me that they too, dropped a hard shell case full of bits and now have a case that will not stay closed. I am hoping to snag another canvas bag off of eBay and use it for my other two Dremels and all the little bits and bobs that make the tools so useful. 
Right now we are taking advantage of the no snow condition to fix some privacy fence at a house we plan to sell in the fall.  Roger used the new Dremel 3 in 1 to cut off some lengths of small fence trim.  I am looking forward to using the attachment for sanding /paint removal.  That is the bumpy blade on the right side.  I swear I am either removing paint or putting paint on.

I did do a quit search on eBay to see what the prices were for this saw and I did see some for less but then I noticed they were refurbished.  I have never had any luck buying refurbished items.

I will update the saw review after we have used it for other projects.

But in the meantime remember to 

Reuse Repurpose Recycle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....