Saturday, June 13, 2009

Habitat for Humanity Restore

My sister Ranee and I attended a canning class in Battle Creek last Saturday. On our way out of town, I noticed a Habitat for Humanity Restore. Ranee circled the block and in we went.

I could not believe it, they had 5 wooden store doors with the removable glass insert. Ranee found a small Craftsman style porch light for $2.99. She says she doesn't know where she is going to put it but she HAD to have it. I wanted the 5 doors but there was no way we could get 1 door in her Vibe let alone 5, so I just planned to come back later in the week.

Long story short, after dentist appointments, nail appointment, yadda, yadda yadda, we drove to Battle Creek on Thursday. It was no surprise that all the doors were gone but one and I paid $15.00 for it. So all together we purchased the one door, 6 hack saw blades, 2 wire brushes for the drill motor, and six brand new exterior lights for Gavin and Barbara's house.

While looking for the the phone number for the Battle Creek Restore I ran across the location of a Restore in my county. I might run by there tomorrow to see what they have in their inventory. Hopefully I will be able to track down a few more wooden storm doors. I either need 4 more or 6 more if it's possible to use two together for the double doors in the sun room.

Of course I forgot to take a photo of the door.

2 comments:

  1. Habitat ReStores are great. Stuff gets used, you get a great price, and the money goes to support your local Habitat affiliate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish there was a Habitat ReStore near us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....