Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1930's Radiator Cover For Sale

Just pulled out of the barn. Gear Acres has a forced air system so I cannot use this fabulous rad cover so I am putting it out there for sale.Add ImageThis rad cover is in great shape with light surface rust in some areas and paint loss in others. The water tray is rusted on the interior but the back is free of rust.This rad cover has several really unique features. First is the access door to make adjustments without removing the entire cover.The second cool feature is the water tray. Essentially it is a built in humidifier for use during the dry winter months. This feature could also be used to keep plants humidified. You could fill the water tray with small pebbles and fill with water. Then place your potted plants on top of the rocks.

It appears that the rad cover was originally white but at some time painted aqua/green. If I could use this I would have it sand blasted and powder coated. I know they can powder coat just about any color. An oil rubbed bronze would be great if you have lighting and hardware in that finish.

The cover is accented with a raised leaf pattern.The cover has not been altered or repaired. The hinges on the lid are sturdy. This is a large cover with the outside dimensions being 56 inches wide by 28 1/8 inches high. I have found similar covers on the Internet but they are half the size and usually damaged.

If you are interested in the cover I am selling it for $200.00. You must be able to pick up the cover in Grand Blanc, Michigan, though I might be persuaded to deliver for a price and if I could get me sister to go on a road trip.

All cobwebs and bugs are free with purchase. I have only given the cover a quick rinse with the garden hose. I will leave the cleaning to the buyer as I know some like more patina then others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....