Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Secret Project Work and a Few More Shingles

The high temp today was 16 degrees for about an hour in the afternoon.  R braved the bitter cold to hang more shingles.  In the meantime I stayed indoors with the cats and worked on my secret project.
A long time ago I purchased a box of offset hinges to use in the kitchen.  The price was great and at 10 bucks I purchased in haste.  When the hinges arrived I realised that I could not use them on the kitchen cabinets.
But I have since been able to use the hinges on various projects but not as hinges.  So today I again hauled out the box of hinges to use on my secret project.
I'm not using them as hinges so I cut the hinge portion off with a hacksaw.  I'm repeating a design element that has been used both inside and outside of the house.  I now have just 6 hinges left!! 
So tomorrow R and I will make a placement adjustment on the exterior lights on each side of the french doors.  One of the lights is 7/8th of an inch further from the door.  The light fixtures were in the correct spot for the other door but when we installed the new door we tried and tried to center it in the opening. Unfortunately the door just wouldn't stay plumb and level unless we moved it over 7/8ths of an inch.

It's not a big deal because we wanted to use a wood block under each light rather than have the fixture sit on the shingles.  The fixture will fit against the wood block tighter than it currently does against the cedar shingles.
I hope that everyone enjoyed their paczki today.  I had two, raspberry and lemon.  Why have only one???  R had to wait in line for almost a half hour because there were so many people buying these tasty calorie filled pastries.  It was worth it.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....