Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Grey Paint on the Cedar Shingles and Flip Flop Blowout

We had a stretch of warm weather so I was able to get a coat of grey paint on the shingles.  I was also able to get a coat of white primer on the windows and trim.  I was iffy on whether to paint the mounting blocks for the light fixtures white like the trim or grey like the shingles and now I think white is the way to go.
I was rushing around putting items back in place so I could take a few photos and the next thing I was laying on the deck with my fingers bent back at the palm of my hand.  I was a victim of a flip flop blowout.
I thought for sure that my hand was broken.  Fortunately it was just seriously bruised and swollen.
I didn't break a fingernail on the injured hand but the middle finger fingernail on my good hand hit the step and broke.
So both of my middle fingers are out of commission.  I may not be able to drive without the use of my middle fingers.  It's how I communicate with drivers who lack basic driving skills.  
Today I was able to get one coat of primer on the front and back of the secret project.  I want to get a second coat of primer on it before I paint a top coat of semi gloss Ultra White.  But the weather has turned and we are now in for several days of cold weather and rain.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....