Monday, October 11, 2010

Whittling down the list......

We have been making progress on our list. Time is running out for outdoor projects so we are trying to make the most of every day left.

Let's look at the current list.

Start removing the remaining old cedar shingles off the FRONT of the house. We gave up on stripping because it was a slow process and in the end the shingles were still old and brittle. A significant portion of the front has already been replaced so it seemed logical to have all new shingles. Plus in the end....reshingling is easier and more pleasant than stripping paint off cedar shingles. NOT YET STARTED but now have all the shingles removed from the bottom half of the north end.

Continue with the fence painting. The weather has been so hot that the paint would dry before I could brush it out. Only have 1/3 of the chain link left to paint. Fence is looking great or at least as good as chain link can possibly look. Need to buy another gallon of paint.

Continue with the edging of the lilac border. COMPLETED

Continue with the brush removal along the fence line. COMPLETED

Sand the trim on the front of the house. NOT COMPLETED

Spray Round Up on vegetation along the back fence row. Scratch that...it's too windy. I used Round Up on the front and side yard, still need to do the back.

Finish mulching around the Catalpa tree. COMPLETED

Remove rocks around roses and lay down landscaping fabric and put rocks back. This was R's idea and I would hate to ruin his fun so maybe I will let him enjoy this task. Removed rocks and laid down landscaping fabric. We returned 2/3 of the rocks to the bed before my back said "STOP!".Strip paint off the trim on the north side of the sun room. COMPLETED Stripped and ready to sand. Lower part not top portion, that will be completed next year.
The weather forecast for this weekend is favorable for sanding, glazing, and painting. My money is on...........mowing the lawn.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we still have some caulking and painting to do...Jerome is out of the country right now and so, I guess I'll have to take care of some of this stuff on my own this weekend. I was planning on being in Grand Rapids and Lansing this weekend, but the party was cancelled...so, there's no excuse now. I hate doing it on my own. Oh well, bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....