Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Deck

It's not raining and it's above 50 degrees so that means MORE DECK.

We installed several more sections of top rail. Same procedure of gluing and biscuiting. It takes longer than you would think to install a 2 X 8 top board.  It is very important to get the boards straight because it would be very embarrassing to have someone look straight down the railing and have it look as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

We averaged two boards a day.  That includes cutting, biscuiting, gluing, and sanding.

Of course, we occasionally get side tracked.  I have been busy bringing out all the vintage wrought iron furniture that I have been buying over the last several years.  I have one set that I know I am not going to need so I have that for sale on Craigslist.  The 1950-1960 era set includes sofa with cushions, arm chair with cushions, and table with glass top and 4 chairs.  The set is all the same pattern but in several different colors because this is a assembled set.  I am selling the set for $350.00.  It will require painting but isn't that the fun part.  I love vintage wrought iron painted in a bold color like rusty orange or even navy.

Today we started on the railing on the steps that go to the barn loft.  We completed one side today.  Tomorrow I am going to be busy and R needs to mow the lawn so it will be a couple of days before we get to the other side.

1 comment:

  1. It's coming along. Hope you have good weather so you can work on it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....