Tuesday, November 11, 2014

This is where we stop...for now

We are officially done with work on the outside exterior of the house.....until spring.  I really dislike this time of the year.  It gets dark far too early, it's cloudy, cold, and windy almost every single day.   I can handle (with  a little whining of course) pretty much whatever is doled out to me weather wise except for the no sunshine part. That is by far the most difficult part of winter. 
We are going to leave open the possibility of at least getting the front door primed.  I don't think it would be possible to get a nice smooth semi gloss finish with these temps even if we painted with a heater.  Primer on the other hand is absorbed and dries fast.  If we do get it primed our plan is to reinstall the hammered iron straps and door knocker just so that from the road it will look finished.
Plus, it will look soooo much better when I hang the Christmas wreath on the door.  AND here is another gratuitous photo of my vintage mail box.  I'm not sure if we are suppose to put our name or the address into that recessed slotted area above the pad lock.  R thinks he can stamp a piece of brass or copper and then slightly bow it to get it into place.
The temps are dropping fast and I just looked at the weather prediction for the next week or so.  Brrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....