Sunday, May 13, 2018

Planting More Flowers

It's amazing how long it takes to plant annuals.  

I've tried several methods for buying and planting my annuals.  I used to 'buy all of them' in one trip but found that overwhelming and I always made mistakes.  I would buy too many of one type and not enough of another.  That resulted in a trip back to buy more.  

So this year I tried the 'buy one type of flower at a time' and plant them before I bought the next type.  This didn't work either. I decided to buy the geraniums first.  I counted and recounted just to make sure.  I was short 4 small geraniums and 3 large geraniums.  

Next was the petunias.  Is it me or has the price of petunias gone up...a lot.  I bought petunias for my window boxes on the house and two square galvanized planters on my deck.  I still need to buy the petunias for the flower boxes on the deck which are six 36 inch boxes and two 72 inch boxes.
Today I also planted two hanging baskets and a galvanized tub. The tub I bought from a local lady who makes them into personalized planters.  I currently have it sitting on a small table in front of the settee on my deck, but I will move it to another table after I make a top for that table.
I planted two hanging baskets today, too.  One was my usual regular size basket that I hung on a shepherd's hook that was my mother's.  The other basket is a very large basket that R found curbside (he has the sharpest curbside picking eye).  I think that this is the first time that I have seen one this large.  I needed to spray paint it black (it was tan color) and buy a new coco liner for it before I could hang it.  The coco liner is from Home Depot.
This coco liner is great.  It has something in the very bottom that holds the water.  I find that the water just blows right thru the regular coco liners.
You can sort of see the water sitting in the bottom of the coco liner in the photo above.
 I also planted a moon flower plant in a faux concrete pot and it is sitting next to one of my favorite pots.  It is a Ty Pennington pot and it is the perfect shade of green.  But back to the moon flower.  I can't say that I know of anyone who has ever planted one so I don't know what to expect.  It's looking rather spindly right now. 
I also started to spray paint a wrought iron chair (I always start with the bottom first) that I bought for 10 bucks.  I went into the house to get a new can of paint and came back to this.....  
  R decided to blow leaves off the driveway so now I have a half painted chair with leaves stuck to it.  Thank heavens that it is the bottom of the chair.

I ran out of daylight so I'll take more photos tomorrow.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....