Thursday, June 28, 2018

My Latest Scores and Future Projects

The constant heavy rain yesterday and the heat today didn't keep me from picking up several great pieces for future projects.  

The first thing I picked up was a metal garden seat for $15.00.  It will get a coat or two of black spray paint in a satin finish to match my patio furniture.  I am also mulling over the idea of adding a top to make it more of a small table than a seat. 

My sister has this same garden seat in white.  I think the original price ran around 50 bucks. 
The second items that I picked up were two wrought iron candle holders.  The wrought iron matches the wrought iron details on the outside of the house.  I have several ideas for outdoor candles but will have to wait until I decide which type of candles I want to use before I can fine tune my ideas.  The candle holders were 5 bucks for the two of them.
Finally, I picked up some very heavy cast iron pieces for a bench.  It is missing the wood slats but that is not a big deal.  We can always use more seating out in the yard and this should be perfect.  Again, I will spray paint the cast iron parts in black spray paint in a satin finish.  The wood slats will be painted dark grey to match the house.  I am hoping that we can find wood in our scrap pile but the pickings are getting very slim when it comes to lumber in 1X thickness.  Also, I think it needs to be clear pine because any wood with knots will not work.  Clear pine in 1X4 is relatively inexpensive so that is a plus. The cast iron bench pieces were $40 for all of them.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....