Friday, June 29, 2018

Prepping and Spray Painting Garden Stool and Candle Holders

This evening I spray painted the garden stool and candle holders in black with a satin finish. The photo below is the before photo.
Whenever I spray paint anything I always do the underneath and the bottom edge first.  This way I do not mess up the paint on the top when I flip it over.  I noticed that most bloggers spray the top first and I can never understand why.
While the inside and the bottom edge of the garden stool dries I moved on to the candle holders.  These needed a little prep first but nothing a little sand paper couldn't fix.  It was mostly rust and what looked like the remains of a felt pad on the feet of the holders.
I, of course, started with the bottom of the holders. After they were sprayed and while I waited for them to dry, I moved back to the garden stool.  The garden stool took two thin coats and it is now ready for whatever I decide to do with the top.
I now moved back to the candle holders and finish spraying the top side.
I used 1 1/2 cans of spray paint that cost 6 bucks for 2 cans.

Tomorrow we get started on the cast iron bench.  I would like to have it all prepped, painted, and the back wood frame assembled so when R goes to the nut and bolt store on Monday for stainless bolts/nuts etc, we can then assemble it and measure for the wood slats.

It is suppose to be very hot tomorrow so we will hang out in the shade and drink a lot of ice capps from Tim Horton's.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....