Monday, July 2, 2018

Forgotten Cast Iron Bench Ends

Have you ever bought something and then put it away only to forget about it for years?  I have and yesterday I remembered.  I remembered not only buying them for 5 bucks but I remembered where I put them.  That is truly amazing......the remembering where I put them, not that I got them for a fiver.
The cast iron ends are low so I don't think it makes a bench.  Maybe it is a side table?  Or a low coffee table?  Who knows but when I bought them I just knew I could use them because I love wrought iron and cast iron.  

The casting is very similar to the bench that I picked up last week. Once they were painted you would think they were always a set.  That's the power of paint.  You can take like objects and with the application of a unifying coat of paint on all the pieces, they instantly become a set or a collection. 
Morrie said "You should see all the stuff she has hidden in the barn. Humans are a strange lot.  They are always painting or stripping something.  It's best if I keep my distance and sleep until the human leaves and returns with a bag of food."
Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....