Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Other Places to Use Solar Landscaping Lights

 Landscape lights can highlight a feature such as decorative brickwork or an ornamental tree.  It can lead your guests to the front door or keep away burglars. It can be very subtle or a flood light washing an entire wall with light.  The only limit is your imagination.

I really like landscape lighting but I don't like to pay for the electricity for those lights.  So I tried the regular solar lights several years ago and was not impressed.  Since then they have come out with solar LED lights and WOW what a difference.  BUT they were rather pricey BUT that has changed and now solar LED lights are not only brighter but less expensive.

 Right now is the time to buy your solar LED lights because most stores have them marked down on their summer clearances.  I picked up an assortment of sizes, styles, and lumens the other day while shopping for lily bulbs that were on sale.

Lumens?  Lumens equal light output.  The brighter the light, the higher the lumens.  The higher the lumens the higher the price will be for that solar LED light.
  
Sometimes you may not want to have a BRIGHT light such as in your flower pots or windows boxes.  I placed a small low lumen solar LED light ($2.59) in a potted geranium and love the slight glow that it emits when the sun went down.
See the solar light tucked in between the flowers.

So that got me thinking......why not put solar LED lights in my window boxes?  And so I did and loooovvveee it.  Window boxes are the perfect place for low lumen solar LED lights.  My house now has a little glow in front of each of the front windows.
I so need to dead head my flowers.

Does the light shine into the house? No, the lumens are low and I placed the light in front of the flowers so the light coming out of the back of the light is somewhat obscured by the flowers. The flowers also give the light a more dappled effect.

Tomorrow I am going to put a few higher lumen solar LED lights in the flower pots by my front door.  Those pots are larger so I can use the larger sized lights that have a higher lumen without the lights overpowering the flowers. You cannot even see the lights unless you know where to look.

Oh I just had a LED light bulb turn on over my head.  I usually add evergreen branches to my window boxes in the winter.  Wouldn't it look great with solar lights, evergreen branches, and snow?

Where would you put a solar LED light?

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....