Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Moving Pavers and Making a Lumber List

Some tasks are interesting and other are just plain old boring.  Today's task was boring but it will lead to a more interesting task down the road. 
We want to remove that old flood light, strip off the old yellow paint, paint it dark grey with white trim to match the house, and install two vintage casement windows where the loft doors are located but first......
....all this stuff has to go somewhere else so we can place a ladder against the barn.  
The pavers were given to me and I plan to use them as the floor for my little greenhouse when I finally buy one.  But until then, we will stack them on pallets behind the barn.

All the garden implements need to go back inside the barn.  We have been lax and have just gotten into the habit of leaning them against the stacks of pavers.  There must be 3 snow shovels in that mess and lets hope we won't be needing those for a while.
The vintage casement windows that I bought a couple of years ago will go in the opening for the loft doors.  We will need to make the opening smaller to accommodate these vintage windows.  The original trim around the loft doors will remain in place but we will make the opening smaller and trim it out so that the existing trim looks wider.  According to my rough calculations we will need to narrow the opening 3 inches on each side and bring the sill up about 4 inches. I will finish up my lumber list after R moves old race car parts that he has stored in front of the loft window.  I currently can't get close enough to measure, so my lumber list is more a guesstimate.
I also want to add a window box to this opening just like the window boxes that we have on the house.

But first we need to move the pavers.  Today we moved one stack before we ran out of energy and our hands were so sore that we couldn't pick up any more pavers.  I was the stacker and R loaded up the pavers into wheelbarrows and brought them to me. 

It totally ruined my manicure, too.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....