Saturday, June 1, 2019

My Lawn!!!

My lawn look like the golf course in Caddy Shack.
We have been trying for weeks to rent an excavator to dig up boulders that have work their way to the surface and are so high that I can no longer run my riding lawn mower over them.  There is also the removal of the sides of the original 1930's swimming pool that needs to be dismantled.

Every forecast for the last month has forecasted rain for the weekends.  It has rained a lot lately.  It's raining right now as I type this post.  Unfortunately you have to reserve the excavator 1 week in advance if you want it for the weekend.  The best deal is to rent it for the weekend with pick up on Friday at 2pm and return on Monday morning at 9am.  You get 10 hours of run time and the cost is $350.00.  

Friday the pick up day was a beautiful day but a short day.  We decided to dig up the boulders first and then hit the pool demo on Saturday and Sunday.  Here was my lawn after boulder removal.
This is my side yard and my backyard looks just as bad.
We even hand dug a few smaller rocks to save on wear and tear on the lawn.
So the plan tomorrow is to tear up that pool and try not to cry when I look at my lawn.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....