Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling.....

....that's what R has been doing when it isn't raining.  He is using the lawn roller to try and level out the lumps in the sod.

To do this he is using the roller that someone put out to the curb on trash pick up day.  It has grease zerks and is a nice heavy roller.  It was broken into two pieces but they both roll so it isn't a problem.
The soggy lawn is not drying out, not one bit.  Every third day it rains and I am not talking sprinkles, I am talking big downpours.  This makes every spot where we removed a boulder into a miniature lake.

When R isn't rolling, we are both mowing.  The amount of growth overnight is unreal.  Every three days we mow and hopefully that third day is not a rain day because that means the grass will be so tall on the fourth day that I will need to rake afterwards. AND no one has time for that!

I did find time to buy a few hostas. Well of course I did, I'm not dead.  It is all part of being a hostaholic.  Only one new variety of hosta and it is called Barbara Ann.  I actually bought 5 hostas but 4 are repeats of hostas that I already own.  The five hostas are from left to right Sum and Substance, Fragrant Bouquet, Barbara Ann, Pilgrim and Praying Hands (every hosta garden needs one of these very upright skinny hosta).
 Tomorrow we need to get the 5 inch eavestrough up because yes it is going to rain Wednesday night and all of Thursday.  I am beginning to think that building an ark might be something we need to look into.  The Gear Acres Ark would have nothing but cats and hostas.

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....