Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nails...twisty not broken

Sounds like a martini order....I like my nails twisty not broken, with extra olives.


R and I have been working on dismantling the railings on the older part of the deck. Those railings were too low and the spindles were spaced too far apart. They will be replaced and will match the newer portion of the deck. We have been pulling twisty nails out of the spindles and 2 X 6's so that we can reuse the lumber elsewhere. Some spindles have as many as 7, 4 inch twisty nails in them. Two correctly placed deck screws would have worked and looked better.




In between nail pulling, breaking a nail (folding clothes), going to work, and dodging snow, sleet, freezing rain, and ice pellets...I baked a cake to take to work. I just realized why the Midwest has been hit so hard with ice and snow. It all makes sense now. I am so sorry to anyone that may have lost power or suffered any inconvenience do to the weather.

Jan used her stove/oven, hence "hell has frozen over".



Happy Birthday...Dad. Seventy four years young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....