Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter themed painting

I purchased this oil painting because I immediately liked it. It was only after I owned the painting and had it on the wall that I noticed so much more.I've learned over the years that some art work is meant to be viewed at a close range and others from a distance. This is one that needs to be viewed from a far.

This photo does not do this painting justice. Up close the details are completely gone and from a distance there is far more detail than what is showing up in the photo. Also the true colors are not coming through either.

I was told the artist's name when I purchased the painting but I did not write it down. It is signed with stylized initials and the numbers'38, indicating 1938. At a later date, I plan on cataloging my artwork and at that time I'll investigate the artist's name. But in the meantime if anyone recognizes the initials, I would be grateful for the insight.Happy Easter everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Jan I really like that painting. Where did you put it? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hanging in the living room at Torrey Rd. But it is over in the storage room at the Grand Blanc house now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. I do like impressionist style art (I'm no art buff, so don't presume I know the style). But I like it when the details are lost close-up, but it comes together so well from far away. Its like the painter painted it with a 6 ft. brush.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....