Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blogging lull....yes.....working lull....no..

I've been 'advised' that I need to update my blog. Seems my friends can only tolerate me not blogging for a month max, anything over that time frame.....I better get typing FAST!!!!!

OK...here's my excuses for not keeping up with the blog, as of late.

I was diagnosed with 2 bulging discs in my neck. This is a result of when I was rear ended waiting to pull into my driveway nearly 2 years ago. Because of this, I have not finished the windows (glazing/painting). I need to paint them, then install them, and THEN glaze them. This will allow me to look straight ahead instead of bending my neck and looking down. OK...everyone say...'poor thing....we feel your pain.'

It keeps raining so the weeds keep growing (flower beds) so I have to continually weed and cannot make any progress on anything else. OK....everyone say....'poor thing.....I feel your pain....I'll come over and weed for you.'

I fertilized the lawn and now it grows grows grows so I mow mow mow. But it's green.

R and I have been busy with the excessive paper work needed to retire. YES...you heard it right RETIRE!!!! R will retire in July. I will retire January 1st, 2009. He keeps counting down the days. I will continue to work 6 days 10 hours until the very end. Grrrr.

I am appalled at the volume of paper work needed to retire. Rollover papers, termination papers, pension papers, birth certificates (retiree and spouse), marriage certificates, social security card, and drivers license.

R has already decided he wants to volunteer at the March of Dimes. I'm not committing to anything until the house is done. We will have plenty of time to volunteer at a later date. R is 56 and I am 53.

R has been rebuilding the fountain area. He temporarily has installed the fountain just for measurement purposes. I can't wait to see it completed. Here's a photo taken about a month ago. He's made great progress since then.


Here's a photo taken more recently. May not look like there was a lot done but take my word for it.......there was.


We were just finishing up with the mowing on Sunday when the sirens went off. 4 minutes later the wind was blowing a constant 50 mph and branches/leaves were blowing every where. I was shocked at how constant the wind was. It carried on like that for at least 20 minutes without letting up.

After the storm I headed to the Torrey Rd address. I was driving down Baldwin Road when I saw a car parked on the opposite side of the road. A police cruiser was pulling up behind it with it's lights on. On closer inspection, I noticed a power line or cable vision line wrapped around the driver's side mirror. Egads!!!!

My son and daughter in law were without power for a day and a half. They live in Fenton, the town that was hit by a tornado last fall.

I have also been busy planting heirloom tomato plants. We will be up to our ears in tomatoes by August. Red ones, yellow ones, white ones, green ones, black ones, pink ones, orange ones, stripped ones, round ones, pear shaped ones, ox heart shaped ones, big ones, and little ones. I feel like that guy in the Forest Gump movie......coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, raw shrimp, etc. LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back! You sound busy, I'm happy that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I'd come over and weed for you but my knees are shot! Your turn to say "poor thing"... LOL!

    I can't believe you're going to retire! Of course, I can't say I haven't thought about it... sigh.

    That's a very nice fountain!

    I've been a slacker about entering my points... going to have to get busy and get something else cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you, too! I hope your neck is filling better...

    those tomatoes willl be FABULOUS later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky! I can only dream about retiring. It definitely won't happen until my 60's.

    The rain has been crazy this year but I'm very thankful for it after our parched summer of 2007. I can remember sitting at my nephews graduation and saying 'look at the grass, it's brown and no rain in sight'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retire? How can you do that at 53? Give me some hints cuz that would mean I only have 11 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I are lucky to work for a very large corp. Our pesion is st up so that you can retire after 30 years or if you have an accumulated point total of 85 (yrs plus age).

    Both my husband and I qualified for both, he has 36 yrs and I have 33 yrs.

    We invested in a 401k along with some mutual funds. I'm hoping we won't need to dip into the 401k for a long time.

    With the price of gas so high, we were spending about $350 a wek on gas.

    Plus after 30+ yrs...I'd had enough!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....