Monday, November 2, 2009

A/C Unit Removal Complete

As dusk fell yesterday, we were at this point in the A/C unit removal......This morning, with rain imminent, R climbed the ladder and I cut shingles and handed them through the window. We used old shingles that were removed in a demo project elsewhere on the house. We even reused that inappropriate trim piece under the window. Previously it had been installed with the thick part down and the thin part directly under the window ledge. The only reason we reinstalled it is because it will all be ripped out next summer when we install French doors and the small balcony. Plus it was raining and we needed to wrap this project up pronto.

So what's on the agenda for tomorrow......I'd like to remove one of the many doors in the game room and close that off while we are in a shingling mood.

Added November 3, 2009....This photo was shot today and gives a better view of the shingle repair that we completed yesterday in the rain. It's not perfect but will suffice until next summer. Plus the price was right.....$00.00 That's right nothing. We used old wood for framing and old shingles. As a matter of fact, R threw the old A/C unit in the scrap trailer, so we probably made 25 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....