Sunday, December 20, 2015

Barn Fascia Boards Finished and My Rake Bites the Dust

We finished the fascia boards on the back of the barn.  The barn is going to look great once it is painted.  It was looking in rough shape when we purchased our home.  Over the years we have done a little here and there but the work we did this summer really made a difference in the barn's appearance.
I raked today while R finished installing screws into the fascia boards.  After about an hour of raking my rake handle just broke in half.  Luckily R hoards broom/rake/shovel handles.  He uses them for a variety of things.  He's been known to drag a broken rake out of someone's trash and bring it home just for the handle.  It paid off today because the metal leaf rake that I was using was in very good condition except for the wood handle that cracked in half.  I guess I don't know my own strength.

R says he'll have me back to raking in no time.  Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....