Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Small Opportunity to Paint

Despite the weatherman's absolute insistance that we would have a stretch of 60 degree weather it just never materialized.  R has continued to install more shingles on the south side of the house inbetween rain drops and mist while I have spent my time picking up twigs and branches that fell from the trees during the winter.  I burned almost all of them in the burner barrel but after today's high wind warnings I am sure I will have a new batch to pick up on Thursday.

I did have a 3 hour window where the weather was warm enough to paint so I hauled out the primer and grey paint.  I ran out of day light and ambition at the same time but it did give me a chance to see what it will look like when it is completed.
The primer coat takes twice as long to complete because the shingles are so rough but the top coat goes on smooth and faster.
I needed a smaller brush to finish the area above the window but the sun was fading fast so it will have to wait. The grey needs a second coat and the window trim needs a top coat of bright white semi gloss.

The window boxes have also arrived.  They need to be primed and painted before we can start to hang them but they will be up and ready for spring planting.  I will do a post just on the window boxes with info on where I order mine, why I order from Dave, and how my window boxes have held up after 7 years of Michigan weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....