Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Holy Grail of paint removal

Lately all I do is strip. Not that kind of strip....geeeeees. You know paint stripping. I strip strip strip and all I have to show for it is a very sore shoulder and a pile of paint chips. So I bit the bullet and bought a Silent Paint Remover. The only saving grace was that I bought it on eBay for $400.00. Had I known that I needed one I would have bought one in the winter when I could have gotten one for about $350.00.

Here it is in all it's glory. The Holy Grail of paint removing...The Silent Paint Remover.

I was leaving for work when it arrived, but from what I can tell it looks like it's hardly been used. I'll try it tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

I was reading the house blog Ocean Manor House. He made his own infrared remover. Very clever. If we decide that we need a second unit, it might be advantageous for us to build one. But for now....I needed one like last week.

The nectarine trees were planted today. A variety called Fantasia. I also trimmed all the fruit trees today. Only one looks iffy. But I'm not jumping the gun. It could just be that the early warm weather we had followed by the single digit cold snap might have damaged the buds. I can replace it in the fall with another peach tree. All the rest looked good and several smelled wonderful.

I also trimmed all the climbing rosebushes. Lots of dead canes but also a lot of new growth. Only one bush looked bad and again I am not going to panic just yet. I could see that most of the bushes had frost damage to the new growth.


My nearly black tulips are at their peak right now. In just the right light, they do look black.

I really need to get my landscaping rocks down before the weeds start to grow. But then I need to strip, mow, paint, got to work, make more shutters, hang shingles, and fertile the lawn and put down grub control. I wonder if I can get that all done this weekend????? this summer??? this year???




1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful flowers. I have never seen a black tulip. You have one heck of a blog. Glad I stopped here while looking through the "next" button.

    I also love the article on paint removal and also the 'boot planters' made me chuckle, but they are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....