Thursday, April 14, 2011

Curbside Treasure

Ahhhhh spring.....it smells of curbside treasures!! Think...Apocalypse Now.

Not to be out done by R, who earlier in the week had his own curbside find, I found this little gem yesterday.
How cool is that? A little step stool that is also a chair and/or an ironing board.**
This will be perfect for the laundry room. I think it needs a coat of black satin paint and it will look just divine in the laundry room.

**Disclaimer.....I will not be using this as an ironing board.

OOPS!! R just walked by and wanted to know how come I didn't bother to do a post about HIS find. So tomorrow I'll show you what he found. Oh boy....cliff hanger!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Most of the curbside "treasures" near my house are usually from folks avoiding a dump fee. Sigh. I did pick up some more terracotta pots the other day though, so not ALL bad!

    I would totally use that as an ironing board. I'd love to be able to leave mine in a permanent location, (I quilt) but if I leave it up, my cat claims it as his perch--and he sheds everywhere. That one could stay in the same spot and I could just flip it up when not in use...I wonder if my hubby could make one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could find the pattern for it online.

    Funny you should mention quilting. The first thing I thought of was that it would work great as a sewing room ironing board.

    I understand the cat thing. I have two of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....