Monday, April 4, 2011

The Polishing Tools Have Arrived

Today while we were in the Detroit area buying an SUV, the mail lady delivered the final piece of the granite polishing tools.

I need to look online for the correct procedure so that we don't waste our time or destroy a piece of granite trim. We have been chomping at the bit to get this granite project done so we can move on.

Speaking of moving on, the next project is to continue to remove plaster from the butler/laundry room and to remove the final 3 foot wide swath of ceiling in the kitchen. That project will involve removing the old plaster and wire mesh and then framing out the ceiling to accept the bead board. Luckily there is not any electrical to deal with, but that's not to say we won't find any.

Believe it or not, it was 61 degrees at 10:30 this morning. Unfortunately they are predicting rain over the next several days. Once we get a stretch of good weather we can buy the bead board panels and have them ready for installation.

But I guess I should just rejoice in the fact that I have wheels again and that the temperature, even if it was for a brief time, reached +60 degrees. Spring has finally sprung!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have high hopes for the weather this year...I'm thinking we're about to have a cold and rainy summer. :( (Debbie Downer - that's ME!)

    I was able to get out on Saturday and work in the flower beds, but by Sunday they were covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was snowing this morning.

    I have so much I need to get done this summer and this weather is not helping.

    I'm afraid when it does warm up, that it will go from 40 to 80.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....