Once the rain stops we will try and finish up the last few deck details that need to be attended to before the long cold winter sets in here in Michigan.
In the last couple of days we have installed the last of the balusters. I am glad that that particular job is over. Each baluster needed cutting, sanding (from extreme sanding to light sanding), and drilling (both a pilot hole and countersunk hole for wood button).On the TBCBW list (to be completed before winter) are install riser boards on the two old staircases, install 4 remaining posts near the old staircases, and install two small pieces of the 2 X 10 that we used to wrap the old rim joist. When this is completed we can install two small sections of railing that connect the two staircases. I estimate that each section will only require 2 balusters each. I saved the least desirable balusters for this small project because they will be hidden out of sight.Looks like the next available outside work day will be on Friday.