Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Second Kitchen Window Install

OMG  I was floored when I stepped back and looked at the window after it was installed.  Just unbelievable the difference it makes in the appearance of the house.

Here is what it looked like without the old window.
 Here is the after photo.
We called my son to come over to help lift the window.  The same milk crate setup was used that we used on the other window.  I was a bystander again today.  Actually, I was like the guy who spots the female gymnast on the uneven parallel bars.  I was there just it case the window started shifting or if someone pulled a hammie.  

FYI severe pain in neck/back of head hasn't been as bad as it was in the past weeks.  I can't bend my neck to look down or bend it backwards to look up without my neck making noise or starting to hurt.  So I don't do those things.  But as long as I look forward and don't lift anything....I'm good.

There is more rain in the forecast so I am not sure when we can start re installing the cedar shingles and repainting.  We still have 2 window units to install in the game room but we want to finish the cedar shingles on the kitchen part before moving on.
Left to right...Sasha, Elvis, and Patches

The kitties were not happy when we started making noise AGAIN today.   I know they are thinking...WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP?  They are big afternoon nappers or bird feeder watchers and both of those activities require quiet. 

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....