We did not get as much accomplished as we intended. R sanded the baseboard and touched up some other areas with the sander. I stripped the clothes chute door and started stripping the trim around the built in cabinet.
Stripping was a slow process with a heat gun and dull scraper. Note to self....buy new scrapper tomorrow. I previously had stripped the doors and drawer fronts in the built in cabinet so I can't take credit for stripping those today. The built in cabinet is going to be quite the project because the paint is coming off in gobs.
This is what it looked like when we started today.And this is what it looked like when we quit three hours later.No, we did not install the door. Several years ago, I purchased 5 doors off of eBay from a seller in the southern part of Indiana. We drove there to pick up the doors and even though I told the seller we would not be there until 8 or 9 PM, the seller was already in his jammies and bathrobe when we arrived to pick up the doors. We just grabbed the doors and left without checking them. I did not realize until today that he gave me two doors that are too tall. I will need to sell those on eBay or craigslist. It's a bummer because the doors are new and made of poplar and look perfect except they are too tall.
We rummaged through our stack of doors in the game room and found door that we will install in the game room opening. I insisted that we just place the door in the opening so I could see what it would look like once it was installed. I just love it. The door totally changes the feel of the hallway.I now need to order a door for the kitchen doorway. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find the size and type I need IN STOCK at Home Depot. I am getting antsy to install the kitchen door and I really do not want to wait while they order the correct size.
In the meantime we will continue to strip and sand.