Saturday, March 12, 2011

More Granite and Straight Outlet Covers

R fixed the crooked outlet covers after I mentioned that they appeared in the blog in all their crookedness.

After R worked his magic on what turned out to be more than just crooked covers, he said "take another photo and eradicate the old photo from the blog." ERRAAADICATE? Whatever!

Here's the new photo and despite R's request, I will leave the photo of the crooked covers for all of posterity to look at and pondered the question..."What were they thinking?"We finished installing all the whole tiles on the island today. Tomorrow we will start on the tiles that need cutting to accommodate the black glass Bosch cook top. I am so hoping that we get all those tiles installed tomorrow because I am chomping at the bit to start the buffet.

If you are wondering about the grout...it is going to be non sanded black grout. We decided that it would make sense to grout once all the tiles are installed.

I had to add this photo because I am so so glad that I convinced R that this was a good idea. He was against cutting off the wall because he has a hard time visualizing what the after is going to look like before it is done.

2 comments:

  1. It's starting to look really good!!!

    Yes, non-sanded grout on shiny surfaces. We tiled our fireplace in glass tile and used sanded grout. We were told which grout to use at the Tile Shop - the guy walked us over to the grout bags and pointed out which one to buy...he turned out to be WRONG! Scratches EVERYWHERE. Luckily, only we notice and we have no plans on pointing it out.

    Oh, and I eradicated a sentence or two from my blog a couple of months ago. It was about how my trip to NC went when Justin came back from Afghanistan. I said something about "not feeling the love" and that I would share what had happened after the 1st of the year. Which I chose not to do...(internet is forever :) ).

    Well, while at a holiday party, a very drunk girl who was following my blog demanded to know what had happened. I was not going to tell her in her drunken state, so Jerome told her it was something between Justin and Yvonne. And she snipped "then why is it on her blog???".

    When I got home, I deleted that sentence from the post.

    Well, she remembered the conversation and she's never forgiven me and has such an attitude with me these days (she's young) - I would say that I "don't feel the love" with her either ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I try to keep things somewhat vague when it comes to really personal stuff but it can be hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....