Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vintage French Doors.... Score!

I finally found a set of french doors that were the correct size for the master bedroom balcony project. The photo below shows the doors currently stored in the garage. It appears that there is only one door but there are two doors stacked against each other.
We needed doors that totaled 48 inches wide but only 70 inches tall. These doors will work perfect plus they are vintage which will make them blend in even better. One of my favorite consignment shops came through for me again. The price was a fabulous $80.08 out the door.

Now I just need to remove a bazillion layers of black and green paint from the doors. Hopefully this will not expose too much damage or take 5 gallons of citrus stripper to remove all the paint.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's two great finds in one weekend! I love that you found vintage doors to go with the era of your house - can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....