I should have posted this days ago but with the great weather we have been trying to get as much done as possible. We know this great weather is not going to last.
It's only March but the trees are budding and blooming and my neighbors are MOWING!!! We are at least a month ahead of schedule here in Michigan. I loved the mild winter and early spring but I am so afraid that we will get another frost and lose all the fruit buds.
On to the deck....
We finished the top portion. First we installed the posts using carriage bolts.Then added the top 2X4 that we inset into the posts.
Next we added the balusters. We were lucky and able to reuse some of the old ones.
R posing for a photo.
R putting on the final touches.
The top boards were biscuited together and glued. All the boards we glued last year and all the boards that were glued on B & G's deck (3 years ago) have held tight and not separated. If you glue your deck make sure you use weatherproof glue that is meant for outside applications.
We also finished off the back steps. They needed the baluster installed when winter set in last year.
Today we raked and raked and raked. Tomorrow's project.....more raking.