Friday, August 7, 2015

Barn Spruce Up Part 1

We've started on the barn spruce up.  So far we have removed the bad corner boards and the bottom row of back clapboards on the south side.  I have also removed the paint on the south side clapboards up to the area where the roof starts.  Oh my poor thumb.

Tonight R dropped me off at Home Depot while he drove to get us fish and chips.  I needed to buy the small cove moulding for under the windows and some drip cap for over the windows.  No drip cap in stock so I'll need to order online.


We did discover that the medium grey color was not the original color.  The original color is a dark grey that is almost identical to the color that we painted the house.  It is just unbelievable that out of all the colors that we could have picked, we picked the exact same color that was the original color. I guess it was meant to be.




What was not meant to be was my laptop.  It locked up and gave me the blue screen.  I knew it was coming because I would have momentary freezes.  So I went to Staples and bought a new laptop.  I don't know about you but I dread setting up and learning new devices.  I don't care if it is my phone, tablet, or laptop it makes my head hurt.

Everything seems to be working good right now except that my touch pad is soooooo sensitive and I am still trying to get used to the location of the right/left click button.  It is part of the touch pad and I keep clicking in the wrong area and it moves my cursor.  But I'll survive.