Sunday, July 3, 2016

Window Windfall

I knew that I wanted a window where the hay loft doors are on the barn.  The window had to be vintage and inexpensive because there was no way that I was going to spend a couple of G's on a window for the barn.  Recently I had located two large divided lite picture windows on Craigslist for $300 each.  I would only need one but I really wanted a window that opened to  help with the heat that collects in the barn loft.  But $300 was a pretty good price until Friday when I found these.
On a whim I ran into one of my favorite consignment shops on Friday.  Not only did I buy two vintage casement windows with original hardware but I also scored a wood window for one of my vintage wood storm doors.
Our plan is to trim out the casement windows so they match the windows on the house.  The windows will open inward and we will probably make wood screens at a later date.

But the best part is that the two casement windows were $22 each and the wood storm window for the door was $14 so that equals a big SCORE!!! in my book.
I needed to run an errand mid day so I decided to use the heat gun to strip the paint off the windows because it is far easier to just shut off a heat gun and go than it is to stop painting, put away the paint, and clean the brush and then go.

We did move the ladder over to the right side and I will paint as far as I can reach.  After that we will need to bring down the ladder and remove the stabilizer bar (love it and it makes the ladder feel sturdier) so I can get closer to the edge.  
I will not let this holiday weekend end without the painting getting finished.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....