Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Curb Side Treasure

Before I get to the curb side treasure, I will catch everyone up on what I did today. Today I stripped. OK, now that I got that out of the way...onto the curb side treasure.

Several months ago R and I were driving to somewhere and found this chair out to the curb. I yelled "STOP"! R said "Why?" I said "I want that chair." He said "You've got to be kidding me?" I said "No, I want it."Once we got it home and in a better light he agreed it was worth saving. Now on first glimpse you might think......ewwwwww.....but look closer. The wood is in great shape although it could use a coat of paint. The cushions, at one time, were very cool. They appear to be a pearlized (is that a word?) leather.I think this chair will end up in my bedroom.Let's do a little prognosticating.

prog·nos·ti·cate v. prog·nos·ti·cat·ed, prog·nos·ti·cat·ing, prog·nos·ti·cates
1. To predict according to present indications or signs; foretell.
2. To foreshadow; portend:

Tomorrow I will be stripping.

2 comments:

  1. I think it definitely has potential. Good call - from a moving vehicle no less!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....