Thursday, November 11, 2010

French Doors are Installed

The doors are installed and we are totally pleased with how they have changed the feel of the room. The ugly solid doors blocked the view of the yard. We now have a view on three of the four sides.
Tomorrow we start cutting down the jambs so that we can trim the door and windows. We also need to trim the threshold just a tad so that it fits.

Disregard that ugly door knob. We needed to install something so we could lock the doors. I am debating on whether or not to install wood storm doors. If I do then I will just install a plain black round door knob lock set because the wood storm doors will interfere with seeing it. I can then buy a black thumb latch door handle that matches the other door lock sets in the house.
Here's a 'before' shot so you can remember all the ugliness.

3 comments:

  1. those look incredible... the divided lights match well

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the same thing I told my husband.

    I think once everything is painted no one will know that they were added later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge, HUGE improvement! They really look great.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....