Friday, June 29, 2012

Holy cow it's HOT!!!

Wow.....it actually got to 99 degrees today and there is no end in sight for 90 +degree weather.  Seriously, I don't even think we can do our shady projects in this heat.

Today we got up early and finished loading the utility trailer with items for a scrap run.  Poor R.....he was gone for almost 4 hours.  Not only was it hot unloading the items but the duelly does not have A/C and he said everyone was driving like idiots. 

While he was gone I went to the hardware store to buy sandpaper with adhesive backing for the pneumatic orbital sander.  The walk across the parking lot about killed me.  I found the sandpaper I needed but because I dreaded the walk across the parking lot I just strolled around the store looking at paint samples etc.

When I arrived home....I made a judgement call and decided not to start sanding the front door.  Instead I swept the driveway, watered plants, and basically puttered around in the shade until R got home.  We then decided to call it a day.

I have no idea what we will try and do tomorrow.  If it is cloudy...we can get something done but if the sky is clear and it is sunny...forget it.

3 comments:

  1. It can be so hard to leave the house when it's blazing. Luckily, we've got enough indoor projects to keep us busy! Stay cool !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! It's been really hot here too. Not much getting done around here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sanding is definitely not fun in the heat! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....