Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shhhhh...don't tell Tony

The vast amount of miles I drive has produced at least three good things.

OK let me clear this up before I get a rash of emails from my friends (who refuse to leave comments but email me instead!!!). I know they are gift cards to Lowe's and Tony drives for Home Depot but come on.....they were FREE!!!!!! Yes....free I tell you!!!! When it comes to FREE stuff what can I say.......I'm easy.

Well anyways...I decided to cash in my points at Speedway Gas Station. So now I am on a quest to see how inexpensively (cheaply) I can purchase a 2 drawer stainless dishwasher. I know I can obtain a 20% coupon from Lowe's. The dishwasher I want is the Fisher & Paykel 24-Inch Double Dish Drawer for $1400.00. So that brings the price to $1120 minus the $75 in gift cards bring my current cost to $1045.00. So far I've saved $355.00

or

I could purchase the Bosch24-Inch Integra™ 300 Series Dishwasher for $798.00. I already have purchased a Bosch cook top. Let me see what my cost would be........calculating........$563.40 is the cost with a savings of $234.60. That's a big difference.....I'll have to think this over.

I won't need to purchase this appliance until the summer so maybe by then I will have used enough gasoline to deplete another oil field and obtain another $25 gift card.

So let's just keep this little nasty Lowe's secret between the two of us. No need for Tony to know that I'm cheating on him. I'll wear a #20 shirt when I go to Lowe's to purchase my dishwasher. I do have some scruples.....my God I don't want them to think I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan!!!!!!

Speaking of Tony......two in a row in the Nationwide Series and a 7th place finish in the Cup race. Tony is currently leading the Nationwide Series and is 3rd in points in the Cup Series.

Go Smoke!!!! Hey I'm a fan but even I wouldn't want this item.

Window update......Roger invested a hour filling and sanding. Myself......well I had good intentions Sunday night of finishing the last glass install but Pride and Prejudice was on. Come on...it was Mr. Darcy and that twerp Mr. Collins. I didn't like Mr. Collins when I read the book many eons ago and I still don't like him. AND thank gosh they don't have that entailing anymore. Well anyways.....I was sidetracked by Mr. Darcy and really only worked on them for an hour. If they ever make Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert into a movie, I'll never get anything done. You do know Flaubert had a foot fetish, didn't you?

Time invested 2 hours. Total time invested 36 hours and 40 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Your secret is safe with me! LOL

    Go Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score on the cards! Two of my brothers were on pit row in a box in Fontana last weekend--I wonder if they brought home anything that they could auction off...thanks to the rain, they got to see the Truck, Nationwide AND Cup races. They were very happy. I'd rather watch P&P though, hmmm...might just go do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy...how many points do you have saved so far??

    Annette...
    It was a wet weekend in Fontana. Do your brothers know someone who races??? Wow 3 races.....that's a lot of laps!!!!

    The Fontana track is very similiar to the track here in Michigan, Michigan International Speedway. It usually rains at least once during the Michigan race weekend in June.

    Started that blog yet??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan :-)
    Yeah, they were there Sat. and were supposed to watch on Sunday, but were rained out, so they both begged out of work Monday and went back. They don't know anyone who races personally, but they follow the season and have their favs. My dad gave them the box tickets for Christmas--I don't know where he got them.
    As for the blog...I have a name picked out, I'm jotting down some other things, and just need to find time to do it!...and a header pic...and time...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almost 200... trying to charm my relatives into giving me their carton points! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....