Thursday, February 14, 2008

A heartfelt but sleepy birthday

Well here it is...another Valentine's Day.....and another birthday.

I was so tired today, that when I woke up (working 12 hrs+long drive=lack of ZZZ's) I could barely focus on my present from R. He knows what I like and this year was no exception. I am now the proud owner of another piece of Roseville. This is a new color for me. It's slightly grey but yet slightly lavender. It will look great when the kitchen is finished and I have shelves to display all my Roseville, Hull, and Weller pottery.

On Sunday, my son and daughter in law gifted me early. Seems they read my blog and remembered that I said I really wanted another palm sander. Well lo and behold, I am not the proud owner of dual palm sanders. Stand back the saw dust will be flying.
How lucky can a girl get? Tools and American art pottery all in one day. Well she can get luckier. At work today, a co worker's wife baked me a cheese cake filled with cherries and topped with chocolate and more cherries. Ummmmm good. Thank you Pam and Bill.
I feel a nap coming on.....LOL. What a day. Inbetween all the good stuff, I had to renew my driver's license and plates. When I arrived at the Sec of State's office there was only 1 car in the parking lot. Yippee. Not so fast. When I reached in my glove box to retrieve my proof of insurance, the only ones I could find were expired. So I then drove halfway across the county to the insurance agent and had them print a new current proof of insurance. I then drove back to the Sec of State's office and wouldn't you know it....they were busy. So I took a number and sat down. They called my number and when I was ready to take the eye exam I realized I didn't have my glasses with me. I had purposely made a list of all the items I would need today to facilitate all my errands. On the list was "don't forget eyeglasses". I left the note on the kitchen counter. Obiviously I should have put "don't forget list" on the list. Luckily she let me retrieve the eyeglasses from the car and finish the exam without going to the end of the line.

Too many things to do and not enough time. I guess I can sleep when I dead.

Thank you to all my family and friends for the cards and gifts. Now I need to take a quick power nap.

3 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday to you! And to me! Guess what else we share? A collection of American Art Pottery.
    Weird, huh? I sometimes joke that we bought this house cause it goes with my pottery.

    I've been going through an matte glaze phase though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you too.

    Matte glaze is the my number one choice...always.

    Do you ever watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels???? Shannon Tweed has a huge Roseville collection in their family room. I mean huge and huge pieces too. I bet no one even notices that.

    I wish I would have scored more pieces when it was affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You really raked it in! Hope you had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....