Thursday, December 31, 2009

Filtrete Furnace Filter Rebate

We normally use the basic fiberglass furnace filter but lately I have noticed an increase in the amount of fine dust that I am finding. So R went to our local hardware store and purchased a pleated furnace filter called Filtrete that is manufactured by 3M.He purchased the Micro Allergen filter since we are first time pleated filter users and were unsure if this filter was going to restrict air flow. The Micro Allergen filter has a rating of 1000 MPR (Microparticle Performance Rating) which represents the effectiveness of the filter at capturing the smallest airborne particles.

3M makes filters in the following types.
  • Filtrete Elite Allergen Reduction Filter
  • Filtrete Maximum Allergen Reduction Filter
  • Filtrete Ultimate Allergen Reduction Filter
  • Filtrete Ultra Allergen Reduction Filter
  • Filtrete Ultra Pure Filter
  • Filtrete Allergen Reduction Filter
We will probably try the Ultra Pure the next time if this filter reduces the dust without restricting air flow.3M also offers a Clean Air Club which is free to join. One of the perks of joining is a wallet size card to keep track of your filter sizes. The Clean Air Club also offers seasonal newsletters, Indoor Air Quality Journal, and a Homeowners Guide to Better Indoor Air Quality.

If you are starting to think you might want to try one of these filters, the time couldn't be better. Currently 3M is offering a $3.00 rebate on one filter. The rebate can be found on their site or you can print a rebate form by using the this link.

If anyone has used these filters before, please comment and let us know about your experience with 3M Filtrete filters.

If you live in the Flint area and are located by a Gilroy hardware store you can use the $5.00 off a $20.00 purchase when you buy 2 filters ($13.88 each). Then use the $3.00 rebate off one filter. This would bring your total cost for two filters to $19.76, which is less than 10 bucks each.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought & put in a new filter 3 days ago but might go ahead & pick up a Filtrete as a spare while the rebate is on. Thanks for the tip!

    I've used them & really like them. I alternate between Filtrete 1000 (if it's on sale) & True Blue (Merv 11) which is usually a few dollars less but says it offers the same filtration.

    Be prepared to be a little shocked when you see how much stuff these filters capture. I like that they don't have to be changed every month & I set up a reminder in my email calendar so I don't forget. I also keep an eye out for sales & stock up when I can. If you have a Menards near you, they run sales a couple times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate for the heads up on expecting extra dirty filters.

    Until today, I never really gave filters much of a thought. Now that I know, I can be on the look out for sales or a good price.

    I did notice when I was searching that it appears they offer a rebate several times a year. I even found one rebate for 2 filters for 5 bucks.

    I'm hoping that by joining the Clean Air Club that I will have the opportunity to hear about rebates and coupons when they become available.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....