Friday, May 18, 2012

We're exhausted but progress was made


I feel like someone ran over me with a truck. We installed about 2/3 of the blocks.  I need to purchased more plus the cap pieces.  Thank goodness we don't do this for a living.  It is probably easier with big equipment and soft soil to shovel but this little bit was a nightmare.
Of course , we still need to back fill  and plant flowers etc.  But that HAS to be easier than what we did today.  The ground was so so hard and filled with crushed rock that it made every small shovel full extremely difficult.
We have this short 4 foot long area to finish.  The plan is to stop at the gate post.  I'm estimating 8 blocks so I will buy 10 to make sure.  We will wait until next week to put the cap on.  I'm thinking we need a break from retaining wall stuff.  But then again, I would like to get this unpleasant project off my list to I can start removing cedar shingles.
It will be nice not to constantly have dirt pooling at the end of the driveway.  This will keep it tidier.  The grass never grew too well on the slope, it was mostly crab grass.  I tried to cut out as much of that as I could.  I'm thankful that the other side of the driveway does not have this drop off.

R had a great Curbside Treasure today.  I was so exhausted that I forgot to take a photo.  He had to make a U turn in front of the trash truck to grab it......LOL

1 comment:

Leave a comment here.....