Friday, March 23, 2018

Antique Dining Room Set.

My intention was not to buy a dining room set right now but when you come across a full vintage dining set, that isn't painted, and it is the correct era that you are looking for, then you must strike while the iron is hot.  But what sealed the deal for me were the chairs.
The set consists of a table with a very interesting table base. I love these ornate table bases.  There are 6 chairs with one being a captain's chair.  The chairs are very different with their oval backs when most of the time they have high rectangular backs.
The china cabinet has a piece of patterned glass in the door.  I'm not sure that the glass is original or not.  I will have to investigate that a little more.  
The buffet is quite long with 2 big drawers and 2 little ones.  I should have enough space to store my table linens all in one location.  There are also two cabinet doors where you can store tall items.

The only piece that is missing is a server.  But I am actually not too disappointed.  I think that the dining room would be over saturated with wood pieces of furniture if there was a matching server.  Instead this will give me the opportunity to find something different and paint it. I am against painting perfectly fine wood but this is a chance to paint a piece that isn't necessarily in perfect condition but still beautiful.

My photos are not the best because we were pressed to get the U Haul truck back before 7PM and by phone's battery died on top of it.

For the time being we are storing the set in the sun room until the plaster is repaired and the floors are sanded. 

Tomorrow's agenda is sand 2 old window boxes that my father built about 18 years ago and then maybe prime some shutters. 

Reuse Repurpose Recycle

 Don't forget to follow Gear Acres on

Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....