Friday, March 9, 2018

Metal Banding Wreath and Wrought Iron Hook

I bought this wreath for my mother about 20 years ago.  When she past away several years ago I decided to hang it up at my house.
 My mother had spray painted the wreath in high gloss black because it  originally had a rusted finish when I purchased it from a Neiman Marcus catalog.
I spray painted it in a satin black and while I was painting it I noticed the spot welds where the banding was spot welded together.  Then I noticed old weld spots here and there.  I wonder if this wreath was made from old recycled metal banding?  Somebody made a nice chunk of cash if it was made with old recycled metal banding because I paid 75 bucks 20 years ago.
 I hung the wreath with a wrought iron hook that I purchased off of eBay or Etsy.  I'll add it to the bottom of this post if and when I find it.
 We attached the hook to the shingles using a 1 1/2 inch long screw.
Viola.....The wreath hangs much better from the hook.  I tried using just a long nail and the wreath kept moving.  Then I tried a long screw hoping that the threads would grab the wreath and keep it from moving.  That didn't work, either.  So I searched for decorative-hooks-iron and found one that was perfect and it worked!!!  No movement what so ever.




Reuse Repurpose Recycle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....