Sunday, November 10, 2013

Close but no cigar

We made a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up the eave trough and downspout for the front of the shed.  I really doubted that we would even get that far today but we thought it was better to have it ready than to have to wait on it.

The temperature today was 52 degrees but felt like 30 degrees because of the wind.  I was bundled up with two sweatshirts (one a hoodie) and a coat.  I was either too hot or I was cold.  The minute I stopped moving, I would get cold.

The last couple of rows went fairly fast.  We were shocked.  Before we knew it, it was time to hang the eave trough.  Of course, I needed to make a quick trip to our local Ace Hardware to pick up a dozen screws for the hangers.

We only purchased 1 trough because we had a section left over from earlier projects.  I failed to measure and just eyeballed it.  Well, my eyeball was about 4 inches off.  So we were not able to finish today.  Tomorrow should go fairly fast once we buy another trough.
Next spring we will fix the shingles on the bottom row on both sides of the shed.  See the shingles on the bottom left side of the photo below and on the bottom row of the next photo.  Shingles are broke, missing, and the bottom row has an uneven edge.

It's one of the little projects that make the difference between a good job and a great job.  It's also one of those time consuming projects and unlike the Rolling Stones...Time is on my side, yes it is. Time is on my side, yes it is.  Time isn't on our side.

Money spent today

Misc. eave trough parts Home Depot  $56.90
Ace Hardware 10 screws @.14             $1.49
Total for the day                                  $58.39



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.....