The last couple of days have been slow going tedious work not worthy of a post of it's own but I thought I would bring you up to speed on where we are at on the shingling/trim project.
We finished the shingle work and the last three pieces were a nightmare. R had to work in his beekeeping garb because of the yellow jacket nest. He was HOT!!! Of course the last couple of days have been some of the warmest so far this summer. Because of the yellow jackets he had to wear long jeans and the jacket and gloves. After going up and down the ladder several times he felt the need to stop and cool off.
The shingles are done and we cut the extra narrow trim piece we decided to add to fill in the space left by the removal of the old broken trim. I was able to get two coats of primer and two coats of paint on the pieces before the rain hit.
We also removed the three storm windows and the hangers. Tomorrow we will epoxy the holes and sand the window trim. I also noticed some old paint that I can now get to with the heat gun. The storm windows need window glazing, sanding, priming, and painting. I love how they have the wavy glass.